Monday, October 29, 2012

Halloween pumpkins aglow in WEHO...

The carving of the pumpkins has become a bit of an annual tradition around Halloween ever since we moved to L.A.

Carved Halloween pumpkins
There's something nice about taking a few hours off being online, watching TV, training for marathons, or walking the dog (no matter how much I love him), and just being a bit creative and reclaiming your inner child.
Halloween pumpkins
Carved Halloween pumpkins
Last year I only carved one Halloween Jack O'Lantern and to be honest it wasn't my favourite creation and it looked a bit lonely all by itself, so this year I decided to go back making two spooktacular designs.
'Thunderbolt Jack'
Carved Halloween pumpkin design
Scary Halloween pumpkin

'Halloweena Lantern'
Halloween pumpkin
Halloween pumpkin design idea
This year I even decided to name the designs, the pumpkin with the lightning bolts and jagged edges is 'Thunderbolt Jack' and the more feminine creation is called 'Halloweena Lantern', which is the perfect drag name for a Jack O' Lantern.
Halloween Jack O Lanterns
Halloween Jack O Lanterns
Every year I remark how long it takes to scoop them out and carve them to my exacting standards, but it's fun and really is always worth all the hard work.
Halloween Jack O Lantern
Scary Halloween pumpkin
It's always a shame that within a day or two of being used with candles inside they usually start to shrivel and get all moldy, especially in the warmer L.A. climate.
Halloween pumpkin
Halloween carved pumpkins
Halloween carved pumpkin
That's why I always like to get a good few shots of them illuminated outside in the dark before they start to lose their lustre. I'm pretty happy with the results this year and I even made a huge vat of soup from all their innards to boot.
Halloween carved pumpkin
Spooky Jack O Lantern
If you like these two lanterns, be sure to check out my carved Halloween pumpkin designs
from previous years for lots of ideas.Carved Halloween Pumpkin designsNow that the pumpkins are done, it's time to start thinking about this year's zombified Halloween costume. I wonder if that look will take as long to complete as these beauties did...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails