Thursday, November 1, 2012

Zombie Wonder Woman ravages West Hollywood's Halloween Carnaval...

Last night I took to the streets of West Hollywood to join in on the annual Halloween Carnaval festivities.

West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Wonder Woman
This year I decided to pay homage to two of my favorite genre shows, Lynda Carter's wonderful 70's Wonder Woman and The Walking Dead TV series, and so 'Zombie Wonder Woman' was created.
Hawkman zombie Wonder Woman West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
And even though I may have been the only undead DC Comic heroine, there were plenty of women similarly dressed as the iconic Amazon (I'll leave you to decide who looked better).
Zombie Wonder Woman West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
Wonder Woman West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
As you can see there were lots of Wonder Women to choose from, some homemade costumes and others store bought, but all of them fabulous (I'm sure for them it was just like looking at a warped, distorted mirror image).
zombie Wonder Woman West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Wonder Women
It was my first time using makeup of any kind, so I was quite pleased with the results and I got quite a lot of positive feedback for my horrific look. For an unzombified look be sure to check out my Wonder Woman costume from 2011's West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Wonder Women
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Wonder Woman
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval zombie Wonder Woman
Aside from carbon copy Wonder Women, Santa Monica Boulevard was crammed with hordes of other familiar faces enjoying the enormous costume masquerade.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Superman
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Superman
In the Justice League comics at the moment Wonder Woman and Superman are proving to be quite the power couple, so I couldn't help tracking down a few of the Kryptonian superhero's doppelgängers to find out what the Man of Steel was up to.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Supergirl
There were also more than a few Supergirls in attendance too, like this cool lycra look.
Captain America West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
Thor Loki West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
DC Comics wasn't the only comic book company represented, as Captain America, Thor and even a female Loki were there from Marvel's vast superhero stable. I was actually surprised there weren't more Avengers walking the boulevard after the blockbuster success of the film this year, there were lots of Spider-man suits to be seen, but where were all the Hulks?
Princess Leia West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
Another of my favourite Halloween costumes is Princess Leia from Star Wars, so I'm always pleased when I see one (even if they do have a blaster pointed at my decaying body).
Darth Vader Catwoman West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval
The Sith Lord Darth Vader is always going to be a pretty cool costume to pull off, but it's made even more spectacular when it's adorned with a sexy Catwoman.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Joker
And speaking of the Caped Crusader's villains, here's a Jack Nicholson version of The Joker from Tim Burton's 1989 Batman movie, together with a tough looking Alice who's caught the rabbit.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Thundercats Cheetara
Another costume which caught my rotting eye, was this Cheetara outfit from the fantastic 80's cartoon Thundercats.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval Gandalf
Meanwhile when I bumped into The Lord of the Rings Gandalf I think he was a bit worried I'd eaten the Hobbit he was looking for.
West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval fun
And finally for this collection of photos, here's more Halloween Carnaval goers having a fun time. If you don't have a Wonder Woman costume, a t-shirt is always more than acceptable (in everyday life too).

The mid-week Halloween celebrations were much quieter than previous years, with a few less costumes too, but it was still an amazing spectacle and I have many more fantastic photos of the night to share in the days to come, so be sure to stick around.

Remember all you Wonder Women out there, the world is waiting for you...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails