Saturday, December 8, 2012

Getting ready to run my first Honolulu Marathon...

After an endless two hour delay sitting on the tarmac at LAX, we finally made it to Hawaii for my first ever Honolulu Marathon.

Picking up bib no. 14638 at the Honolulu Marathon Expo
Honolulu Marathon Expo 2012
First order of business was to race to the marathon expo to collect my race packet and bib no. before it closed, as Saturday is going to be all about chilling and relaxing into the Hawaiian way of life.

View from our room at the Sheraton Waikiki
Ocean view Sheraton Waikiki
On our way to the Hawaiian Convention Center we also walked past preparations for the Pearl Harbor Memorial Parade, with the streets lined with onlookers.
Honolulu Marathon Expo Hawaii Convention Center
The weather is hot and muggy here and I've just been for an early morning run with my fellow T2: Team to End AIDS runners to warm up our muscles and acclimatise to the conditions. Tomorrow it's up early at 1:30 am to eat and shower for a 5 am start to the race.
Marathon running kit
I've already raised over $4,600 for AIDS Project L.A. for participating in the marathon thanks to generous donations from friends, family and blog visitors, but there's still time to DONATE.

Wish me luck, I think it's going to be a hot and sweaty one...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails