Monday, January 14, 2013

Silly string at LACMA to indulge your inner child...

The other day when I was visiting the Stanley Kubrick movie exhibition at LACMA, I came upon this silly string whimsy.

Penetrable in Neon Lime by Jesus Rafael Soto
Penetrable in Neon Lime Jesus Rafael Soto
To me this art installation looks like loads of old yellow washing line wire strung up on a metal frame, but the fun thing about it is that it's totally immersive and people, especially kids, were wandering in and out of the dangling chords, snapping loads of no doubt memorable pictures.
Penetrable in Neon Lime installation LACMA
Penetrable in Neon Lime installation LACMA
It really is amazing what is considered art these days and I can only imagine what this temporary installation would have cost to buy.
Penetrable in Neon Lime installation LACMA
Penetrable in Neon Lime Jesus Rafael Soto
If you like this, you may also want to check out the The Levitated Mass rock installation at LACMA too.
Penetrable in Neon Lime Jesus Rafael Soto LACMA
I'm sure this won't be the most unusual sight I spy in L.A. in 2013.

Watch this space...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails