Monday, February 4, 2013

The unsightly new sculpture outside Cedars-Sinai in L.A...

At the start of the month I showcased the wonderful new Endless V sculpture, a visually unique work of art in Beverly Hills, but today it's the turn of probably one of the ugliest new sculptures to grace the streets of L.A.

Cedars Sinai metal sculpture San Vicente Boulevard
Situated on the corner of San Vicente Boulevard and Beverly Boulevard outside the new Cedars-Sinai Hospital building extensions, this tangle of metal is a bit of an eye-sore in my humble opinion.
Cedars-Sinai metal sculpture
Cedars-Sinai metal sculpture
I don't know what it's called and I'm not sure what it's supposed to represent, maybe it's a boat or is it supposed to be an organ in the body? Regardless of its intent, it's just not very pretty.
Cedars-Sinai outdoor sculpture
Cedars-Sinai public sculpture
Regular blog visitors will know that I'm a great advocate of outdoor public art, but I really do not like this piece, and I'm not sure anything can convince me otherwise.
Cedars-Sinai metal sculpture
Cedars-Sinai metal sculpture
Let's hope this is a temporary installation, but my gut tells me this is not so. Hopefully once the foliage around the sculpture grows it'll help obscure the sad piece and make the whole thing a tad more pleasing on the eye.
Cedars-Sinai sculpture
In the meantime I suppose I'll just have to ignore this intersection as much as possible.

Here's hoping I come across something more inspiring on my travels soon...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails