Friday, March 15, 2013

I have my race packet now I'm ready to run the LA Marathon 2013...

This year the L.A. Marathon Expo is taking place downtown at the L.A. Convention Center rather than as Dodger Stadium, and so everything is indoors rather than at the mercy of the elements like last year when it rained.

Hopefully the L.A. Marathon will be as easy as picking up my bib no.
LA Marathon 2013 route map
This morning I picked up my race no. for my third L.A. Marathon and I have to say the butterflies in my stomach have officially kicked in.

I'm also not a huge fan of expos (I've work at a few exhibitions in my time in the U.K.), so I love to dive in and out on the first day, get what I need and avoid the crowds.

Another thing missing this year, as Honda is no longer title sponsor, is the cars with thousands of name of the participating runners printed all over them, which was always a bit of a novelty.

L.A. Marathon Expo at the L.A. Convention Center 
LA Marathon Expo entrance LA Convention Center
This year it looks like our race t-shirt is green in honour of St. Patrick's Day also on Sunday and it's also reverted to being a short-sleeved affair after the long sleeves last year.

Asics L.A. Marathon 2013 t-shirt
LA Marathon 2013 tshirt
I'll actually be wearing my T2: Team to End AIDS singlet on the day, but I'm sure this t-shirt will come in handy for running and at the gym (there's nothing like showing off you've just completed a marathon).

Tonight we have a carb-loading triumph party to celebrate another fun and successful season of training and fundraising and our team has now broken the $160,000 donations mark.

Only two more sleeps until the marathon. Keep everything crossed for me...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails