Friday, August 2, 2013

They can rebuild me...

In the past three years I've run six marathons and five half marathons, plus clocked up countless training miles in preparation for each race. All that running takes its toll, and for all you people wondering why I've not been updating you on my latest running events, the reason is I'm currently at the end of my third week of physical therapy for my knee and shoulder to get my body back to 100% fighting fit.

Doctor in the House sculpture 
by Frank Meisler and Arie Ovadia (August 2005)
Doctor in the House statue
After what seems like months of visiting various physicians, chiropractors and acupuncture therapists, my injuries were still not improving, so two MRI scans later and here we are, physical therapy three times a week to put me on the road to recovery.
Doctor in the House sculpture
Just like the Million Dollar Man, I'm hoping the people at Sunset Medical Tower can rebuild me (a bit of bionic strength would come in handy for sure).

I was aiming to do a marathon in October, maybe Chicago or Long Beach, but now the more likely reality is starting to train again that month for the L.A. Marathon in March 2014, which I certainly won't be missing.
Doctor in the House sculpture Sunset Strip
Everyday I go to physio, I pass this cool and quirky 'Doctor in the House' sculpture at the entrance and then take the elevator down into the bowels of the building for a couple of hours at a time.

I've seen some improvement and some pain relief, but there's still a ways to go.

Hopefully soon I'll be back on the streets and running faster than ever...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails