Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Excitement and anxiety grows for the L.A. Marathon 2014...

This close to the L.A. Marathon I'm usually a ball of excitement and it feels like I'm waiting for Christmas Day. This year with my recent twisted ankle I'm feeling more than a little apprehensive that I'll be race ready by Sunday.

LA Marathon 2014 road closure sign
That being said I'm back on my feet and mobile again, so baby steps.

And out and about today I couldn't help but feel the butterflies of excitement upon seeing these road closure signs in my West Hollywood neighbourhood, that remind me of running previous years L.A. Marathons.
LA Marathon 2014 road closure sign
I was also cheered by the news today that our running team, T2: Team to End AIDS, has now collectively raised over $150,000 to benefit AIDS Project L.A.

If you'd like to DONATE to this worthy cause be sure to follow the link and pledge as much as you can, all donations are welcome, go to work helping people right away, and will certainly motivate me this coming weekend.

My bib no. is B3486, so if you see me in red running from Dodger Stadium through the streets of Hollywood and down the Pacific Ocean in Santa Monica, be sure to give me a cheer of support (believe me it makes the world of difference)...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails