Sunday, October 26, 2014

Carved Halloween pumpkins to get you in the spooky festive spirit...

As I'll be missing this year's West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval festivities next Friday as I'll be on a plane to run the 2015 New York Marathon, I thought I'd get in the spooky Halloween spirit be carving some pumpkins.

Carved Halloween pumpkins 2015
I have to say this year I felt a distinct lack of inspiration, maybe it's because I wasn't carving in costume or maybe I'd not watched enough horror or Halloween-themed movies (I knew i should have waited until I'd watched this week's Walking Dead episode).
Carved Halloween pumpkin idea
Mind you, it may have been the fact that L.A. scorching hot yesterday, a bit of foggy marine layer would have set the mood fabulously.
Spooky Halloween Jack O'Lanterns
Anyway, here's this year's creations. One is supposed to have a Frankenstein's Monster vibe to it with the stitched forehead and doleful look, whilst with the other one I was going for some flaming eyes, which only really work from certain angles.
Frankenstein's Monster Halloween pumpkin
Flaming eyes Halloween pumpkin
What do you think? How to they compare with my other carved Halloween pumpkin ideas from years past? I certainly think the Frankenstein one reflects my creative mood this time around.
Carved Halloween pumpkin designs
Scary carved Halloween pumpkin
This year my focus is definitely on the NYC Marathon and I wasn't in the mood to make any soup either, I just didn't want to be eating anything too different in the run up to race day.
Glowing Halloween pumpkins
At least I'll get to enjoy these carved pumpkins in front of our fireplace in the run up to the witching weekend, although by the sounds of things last night and the costumed zombies I spied staggering around as I was walking Cooper early this morning, everyone in our neighbourhood was out celebrating Halloween this weekend.
Labrador Cooper Halloween pumpkins
And finally here's our Yellow Labrador Cooper getting in the Halloween spirit.

Happy hauntings...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails