Monday, March 23, 2015

For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture by day and night in Vancouver...

When we hopped over the border to Canada for a little post-Christmas getaway last year I totally forgot I spied this fab light sculpture beside the Shangri-La Hotel in Downtown Vancouver where we usually stay.

For Everyone a Sunset by Robert Youds
For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture Vancouver
There's always something interesting in this outdoor Offsite gallery space and this installation of aluminum, salvaged glass and neon tubing is by artist, Robert Youds.
For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture Robert Youds
This contemporary light sculpture has been on display from October 21, 2014 to March 30, 2015 along Georgia Street, so my finding the images in my photo library is quite timely.
For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture Vancouver by night
For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture Vancouver by day
I like how this metallic and glass art piece has something to say by day and night, and the way the light reflects off the water beneath and in the splashes of coloured glass.
For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture Vancouver Offsite gallery
If you like this sculpture, be sure to check out these other outdoor art installations that have graced this space in the past.
Robert Youds For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture
Aside from the food, fresh air and annual marathon in Vancouver, I always love discovering all the public art around the city.
Robert Youds For Everyone a Sunset light sculpture
Some of my favourites have included the A-maze-ing Laughter sculptures at English Bay, the giant crab fountain at the Vancouver Museum and the Freezing Water sculpture I once spied at Vanier Park, plus many more interesting sights that have tickled my fancy on my visits over the past few years.
For Everyone a Sunset sculpture Vancouver
This year I won't be running the Vancouver Marathon as I'll be heading home to run my first London Marathon, but I hope to return in the future for more fun, food and outdoor art.

I'm sure there'll be something cool to see...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails