Friday, March 13, 2015

The 2015 L.A. Marathon Expo was painless, let's hope the race will be too...

From the looks of things the L.A. Marathon organizers have learned a few things from last year. For this race they've moved the start time forward to cope with the heat, have cooling mists and stations, extra electrolyte drinks (so they don't run out again) and overall seem prepared as much as they can be for the forecast scorching heat.

Obligatory photo with running bib at 2015 L.A. Marathon Expo
2015 LA Marathon Expo
From my experience at the expo this morning, they also seem to have learned their lessons from last year too, when we waited 45 minutes in line just to get into the Convention Center.
2015 Marathon Expo LA Convention Center
This morning we arrived a little later than last year to avoid any similar opening fiascos and sailed through to the expo floor to pick up our race packets and official race t-shirts.

Of course, it wouldn't be the expo without a few obligatory photos with all the marathon signage and my race bib no.
Asics LA Marathon Expo 2015 signage
Asics LA Marathon Expo 2015 signage
I'm not one for spending hours at running exhibitions, but I did pick up my free pace-keeping bracelet from Asics (which I also used during the New York Marathon).

With the high temperatures you never know how your body is going to react to the heat on the day, so I'm sure a personal best is out of the question, but I'll be happy just to finish safe and hydrated.
LA Marathon Expo 2015
I also found something to hang some of my marathon medals on too, which I've been looking for for a while and I love the sentiment of 'Think strong, be strong, finish strong'.

It's the 30th year of the L.A. Marathon, but I'm not sure how much I like the official race t-shirt. Actually, I think that the black colour is slightly traumatising me and I hope no one is silly enough to wear black this Sunday with the soaring temperatures. Maybe I'll warm to this look once the race is over.
Asics LA Marathon 2015 t-shirt
Tonight we have our charity Triumph Party to celebrate our training season, we've collectively raised over $135,000, and get all the last minute pertinent information from our coach and the T2: Team to End AIDS staff.

The day before a race is always like you're in limbo, but I'll be trying to stay cool and relax a little, as I'll be up bright and early to run my 5th L.A. Marathon and 10th overall.

I'm hoping for clouds (to avoid the beating sun) and cooler temperatures...

2 comments:

하문영 said...

I wish I could fly from Australia for this Marathon event! Good luck this weekend :)

Jason in Hollywood said...

Thanks for the well wishes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails