Thursday, April 23, 2015

Getting ready to run at the 2015 London Marathon Expo...

Well it's official, I'm one step closer to completing the 2015 London Marathon after picking up my race no. and timing chip at the expo yesterday. Now just to run the 26.2 miles on Sunday - simple.

Almost ready for my first London Marathon
2015 London Marathon Expo
The marathon expo is at the ExCel London Exhibition and Convention Centre in London's Docklands and it brought back memories getting the DLR (Docklands Light Railway) to the venue, as I used to have friends who lived over that neck of the woods and regularly used to attend exhibitions when I used to work in London back in the day.

Couldn't resist a banner with a Labrador on it
Virgin Money banners 2015 London Marathon Expo
The expo was nice and quiet being the first day and picking up my race bib and running chip wasn't at all problematic, but I was confused by the fact you don't get your official race t-shirt until after you've completed the marathon, whilst with most other marathons I've completed you get your shirt in advance at the expo. And the funny thing was no one who worked there seemed to know about the t-shirt either, which I thought was odd as it was in the final instructions information.
Good luck Sunday 2015 London Marathon Expo
Anyway, I picked up some last minute Rock Tape to support my knee, just in case I didn't bring enough from the States with me, plus a new running vest with the Welsh flag which I'll probably save for the New York Marathon later this year, as I already have my charity colours for Sunday as I'll be running to raise funds for the Terrence Higgins Trust.
New Balance Use your run London billboard
I never stay long at the expos as they always remind me of my work history, trapped inside manning stands at exhibitions for days on end, plus I'm not a fan of hordes of people.

I'm also not a fan of stand holders who don't know the product they are promoting and try and give you a clever answer, rather than provide any proper information.
2015 London Marathon Good Luck billboard
Anyway it's the final countdown to the marathon on Sunday, which will be the 35th London Marathon. I'm finally getting over the worst case of jet-lag ever, plus I'm tiring of living out of a suitcase, so roll on race day.

However, after a bright and sunny week it looks like there is rain forecast for the marathon, which is typical British weather, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm just looking forward to seeing London from a different perspective and running the spectator-lined city streets with the 40,000 or so other runners.

It's hopefully going to be 'Funday Sunday'...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails