Tuesday, May 12, 2015

New costumes and props from across time and space...

Some months I bemoan the fact that I've not chanced upon enough costume and prop exhibits around L.A., these past few weeks however that is not the case. Not only did my recent trip back to the U.K. allow me to visit the Doctor Who Experience in Wales again, but I also popped my head into Universal Studios Hollywood on my return to see what treasures had been unearthed from their cinematic and TV vaults. That's not to mention what exhibits my local Hollywood cinema foyers had to offer on display.

New and classic costumes and props on display 
from NBC Universal Studios archives
Universal Studios costume and prop archive exhibit
The NBC Universal Experience archive attraction at the theme park has an ever-changing array of costume and props form the big and small screen and so there's always something new to see. Sometimes it's a costume from your favorite film, some rare props from an iconic movie or TV series, or just an unexpected glance behind-the-scenes of movieland.
Original TV movie costume prop exhibit
On this occasion they had items from TV shows like Miami Vice, Covert Affairs, Parks and Recreation, Parenthood, Smash and even the recent Peter Pan Live! musical event. They also had movie costumes and props from the Jurassic Park movies, The Theory of Everything, Bring It On, Unbroken and Furious 7, to name but a few.
NBC Universal Experience archive attraction
If you're intrigued, be sure to take a closer look at all the amazing costumes and props on display at Universal Studios Hollywood.

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch movie costumes 
from Avengers: Age of Ultron at the El Capitan Theatre
Avengers Age of Ultron movie costume exhibit
Almost the first thing I did when I got back to L.A. was go and see the new Avengers movie and I recently saw it for my third time as there's so much to take in for a die-hard Marvel Comics fan. I loved the addition of Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch in the movie sequel so I had to go see this costume exhibit at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood on May 5, 2015.

Plus I also managed to whizz around like a speedster before I flew to London and captured these other original Avengers Age of Ultron movie costumes on display at various ArcLight cinemas, including Black Widow, Thor, Hawkeye, Nick Fury and Captain America's new duds.

Far From The Madding Crowd movie costume exhibit
at ArcLight Hollywood
Far From The Madding Crowd movie costume
Speaking of ArcLight, and this period costume from the latest Far From The Madding Crowd adaptation starring Carey Mulligan was on display at the Hollywood location at the start of May.

Doctor Who Experience in Cardiff Bay, Wales in April 2015
Fourth fifth sixth Doctor Who costumes
Doctor Who Cybermen exhibit
And as I mentioned earlier, I always try and visit the Doctor Who Experience exhibition whenever I'm in Wales seeing family (I think this was my third time), and even though I didn't enjoy the interactive 'experience' as much since it's regenerated (a bit to much amateur dramatics from the young guides for my taste), I still get a buzz out of seeing all the old classic costumes and props and new items from the most recent episodes.
Classic Doctor Who TARDIS console
I think one of my favorite things on display this time was a classic Yeti from some old 1960's episodes.
Classic Doctor Who monsters and aliens
The Doctor Who TV series may be over 50 years old, but it still has what it takes to entertain and excite generations of fans, young and old.

As you can see I've glimpsed sights from the past and the future recently, and can't wait to see what new delights will be on display in the coming months.

Be sure to visit my Hollywood Movie Costume and Props Blog for all my latest finds and come back soon for another roundup.

Stay tuned...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails