Thursday, September 24, 2015

Super new costumes and movie vehicles from Summer movies on display...

Over the Summer there were quite a few things to see from the movies on display at my local favourite cinema, ArcLight Hollywood. Here's a selection of cool costumes and vehicles from movies like The Martian, Ant-Man, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation and Vacation.

Original spacesuit from The Martian on display at ArcLight Hollywood
The Martian NASA spacesuit
I took time out from the heat today to go watch Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials (it's one of the better young adult novel movie franchise adaptations) and I was blown away by this fantastic astronaut costume worn by Matt Damon in The Martian on display in the cinema foyer, so click through to check it out in more detail on my costume and props blog.

Original Ant-Man movie costume
on display at ArcLight Holllywood
Paul Rudd Ant-Man movie costume
Back in mid-June this cool costume worn by Paul Rudd in Marvel's Ant-Man movie was on display at ArcLight Hollywood.

I also got a chance to see this original costume out of its reflective display case at Disney's D23 Expo at the Anaheim Convention Center in August, along with costumes from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, film costumes from Alice Through the Looking Glass and even a space pod from Guardians of the Galaxy.

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation motorbike
on display at ArcLight Hollywood
Mission Impossible Rogue Nation BMW motorbike
At the end of July I spied the supercool sporty BMW S1000 RR motorbike ridden by Tom Cruise in the latest installment of the Mission: Impossible film franchise on display at ArcLight Hollywood cinema.

I enjoyed the movie, but I have to say I preferred Ghost Protocol, but I did love Rebecca Ferguson, who I thought was the best thing about the film.

2015 Tartan Prancer movie car from Vacation
on display outside ArcLight Hollywood
Vacation 2015 Tartan Prancer movie car
Also at the end of July this specially commissioned car was on display outside the cinema from the new National Lampoon's Vacation comedy reboot.

Some people may just walk by and not even bat an eye, or snap a selfie, or picture for instagram, but I really get a kick out of seeing these props and costumes from the movies in person.

I know if I didn't live here in L.A. I wouldn't have this opportunity, so every day I thank my lucky stars...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails