Thursday, October 29, 2015

Only time for one Scarface Halloween pumpkin this year...

With the 2015 New York Marathon imminent, I really don't have enough time to devote to carving pumpkins for Halloween this year, so I decided to do just the one to get into the seasonal spirit anyway.

'Scarface'
Carved Scarface Halloween pumpkin
I left it a bit late this year and the crop of pumpkins available when I went to buy them was a bit lacking, especially as they'd been baking outside in the soaring temperatures of L.A.
Scarface Halloween pumpkin design
Nevertheless I managed to find a suitable sized specimen and had a little fun last night creating this spooky design, which for obvious reasons is called 'Scarface'.
Carved Halloween Jack O' Lantern
How do you think it compares to my previous carved Halloween pumpkin designs? I think it's a worthy addition to the pantheon of pumpkins.
Halloween Jack O' Lantern design
I knew I couldn't go without doing at least one Jack O' Lantern this year as they're some of my most visited blog posts at this time of year for people looking for simple pumpkin carving ideas and inspiration.
simple carved Halloween pumpkin
Usually I mange to create at least two or three designs, so ol' Scarface will have to suffice this haunting season.
Scary Halloween pumpkin
As I'll be running the NYC Marathon again on Sunday November 1, I'll also be missing West Hollywood's annual Halloween costume carnival, which is a real shame, but as it's a Saturday this year it's going to be super-busy along Santa Monica Boulevard so maybe it's not such a bad thing to skip it this year.
Scarface Halloween pumpkin
If you like this year's scary design, here's also my Halloween pumpkins from 2014 to inspire you.

Wishing you all frightful fun and lots of tricks and treats this All Hallows' Eve...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails