Thursday, March 17, 2016

Chicago Marathon here I come (hopefully)...

Happy St. Patrick's Day! I'm hoping that the luck of the Irish will be with me as I've entered the lottery draw this year for my first Chicago Marathon this coming October.

There's a space for another marathon medal
Marathon running medals
I'm still in physio for a calf strain and associated nerve pain in my left leg, but I'm hoping that I can be race ready for the marathon, and quite frankly I need to motivation to get back to running.

My injury is definitely improving but it's time to kick it up a notch and get back to doing what I love to do.
St. Patrick's L.A. Marathon 2013
Now I just have to keep everything crossed that I'm lucky enough to get a lottery place in the draw and when they send through the email on April 21, 2016.

I've never been to Chicago yet, and marathon running has already taken me to Vancouver (Canada), San Francisco, Honolulu, New York and London to date, so fingers and toes crossed.

St. Patrick's L.A. Marathon 2013 medal
St. Patrick's LA Marathon 2013
If I don't get into the race on October 9, 2016, my fall back would be to try for the Portland Marathon which takes place on the same day.

May the running gods be with me, in terms of a place in the marathon and helping with my recovery.

Hopefully in the future I'll be able to run like the wind in the Windy City...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails